I'm trying to convert a 22 node ~100 CPU cluster from Linux to
OpenBSD.  The motivation is to increase reliability and security.
However, I have a peculiar problem with the bge driver.  It seems that
bge doesn't detect properly the media type the hardware supports.  The
nodes I'm trying to convert are on PenguinComputing BladeRunners with
AMD procs and broadcom NICs.  When the bge driver loads, the link
lights turn off on the NICs, here is more info:

# dmesg | grep bg
bge0 at pci4 dev 4 function 0 "Broadcom BCM5780S" rev 0x03, BCM5714 B3
(0x8003):
 apic 3 int 10 (irq 5), address ...

dmesg on linux (in case it is of any use):
eth0: Tigon3 [partno(BCM95780s) rev 8003 PHY(5780)]
(PCIX:133MHz:64-bit) 10/100/1000BaseT Ethernet ...
RXcsums[1] LinkChgREG[0] MIirq[0] ASF[1] Split[0] WireSpeed[0] TSOcap[1]
dma_rwctrl[76144000] dma_mask[40-bit]

Here is why I think bge doesn't recognize the proper media types available:

# ifconfig -a
bge0: flags=88 lladdr ...
        groups: egress
        media: Ethe6scopd 0x1

# ifconfig -m bge
bge0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        lladdr ...
        groups: egress
        media: Ethernet autoselect (none)
        status: no carrier
        supported media 1000baseSX mediaopt full-duplex
                media autoselect

(sorry for the choppy output, the console redirection has some flow
issues that I haven't figured out how to fix yet).

Any hint on how to fix the problem would be greatly appreciated.

B)