On 2007/10/30 22:33, Joco Salvatti wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have the OpenBSD 4.2 snapshot installed, and everything is working
> fine. But when installing gimp-2.2.17, pkg_add has returned the
> following error message:
>
> Can't install gimp-2.2.17 : lib not found  expat.9.0
>
> Using locate I've found:
>
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libexpat.so.8.0
>
> Has anyone ever faced this problem before? I've already searched the
> web but I could not find a tip on how to solve this issue.

The quick/no-dwonloading answer: build your own packages from the ports
tree.

You're using a package snapshot newer than the OS snapshot you have
installed. (-current package snaps are always going to trail OS snaps
by a bit, currently something around a few days -> a week on the faster
arch i.e. i386/amd64/sparc64, more on slower arch, so you should have
time to update your OS before the package snaps need a newer OS
installed).

-current works well, but it *is* a moving target, and most developers
have limited time which doesn't allow for much hand-holding there. If you're
following development code, please follow as an absolute minimum the
website (faq/current.html), and really you should also be reading tech@
and source-changes@ (maybe OWC as an alternative) and also ports@
and ports-changes@ if you're interested in ports/packages to get an
idea of what's going on.