On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 11:22:53AM -0400, Nick Guenther wrote:
> On 11/1/07, Juan Miscaro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi gang.
> >
> > Is there any priority for having OpenBSD support UTF8?
> >
> > // peter
>
> utf-8 isn't an OS-level thing. You need to do it in every app.
> Googling, the first result brings up
> http://osdir.com/ml/os.openbsd.ports/2004-02/msg00376.html as an
> example.

The sad thing is that the man pages don't mention that OpenBSD's libc
doesn't quite support locale, multibyte/wide char conversions thus
Unicode.

E.g. if you look at mbstowcs(3) you'd say: okay, I can use that... but
looking at the code behind it you'll see its a pure stab that does a
simple memcpy from chars to ints (or wchar_ts as they modernly call it
in C99).