Hello all,

I would like to get some advise on printing with apsfilter on 4.2. I have an Epson CX5400 multifunction printer that I normally use with the Gutenprint drivers and CUPS on other Unix systems. I am only using this as a local printer, so I don't really need something as elaborate as CUPS to do the job.

Gutenprint is not available in ports, so I used ghostscript, which does not include this printer as a supported device. I have been able to get it to print somewhat in black and white using one of the drivers, but no color.

How feasible is it to use FreeBSD compatibility mode and Gutenprint, etc. packages from FreeBSD to use with apsfilter to make this work?

What are other folks using on OpenBSD?

Thanks