---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: xavier brinon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Nov 12, 2007 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: google team and the DIY way of life
To: michael hamerski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I'm working for a French ISP where the dev team seems to live in a
kind of secret chamber.
I tried 3 times to code my own tools, sharing it with collegues. I've
been told to quickly remove them, even if the tools helped a lot my
collegues and myself.
It's a shame, they didn't look at it and we were all back to the old tools.

It's just for me to show that sharing code inside a company and having
the ability to work with it is not available for everyone.

It's not what they do, it's the way they work that is important for me here.
I don't know how your company deals with that kind of thing, mine just don't.

you must read that post like : "hey, what you do here is great ! Even
big companies know that !"
I can post it in every open source community list, but i'm just an openBSD fan.
And Misc@ seemed the most relevant to me.

Sorry if it is not.