Goodday,

Looking to manage several webservers I am wondering if anybody uses something like this: http://soekris.kd85.com/images/tn/dsc03600.med.jpg ? (That image shows Wim's net4801-50 plus quadport lan1641 firewall box, giving 7 ports with low powerconsumption - on OpenBSD)

The standard choice in my datacenter (linux users mostly) seems to be HP Procurve but I'd prefer the power of PF.

I have no idea how rigid /stable/fast the Soekris machines are, I've never used one. I'm wondering if a setup as mentioned could (speedwise) compete and if it is a sane idea to deploy something like this in the DC.

Any advise is appreciated. Thanks.

Matt