"Joel Gudknecht" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> rdr pass log on $ext_if proto tcp to port smtp -> $host

this only gives you the initial packet. for tracking traffic you
probably want to look at log (all).

> I've tried analyzing pflogs using ethereal/wireshark but could not get
> specifics about IP's and connection rates from it. I've also looked at
> ntop and pftop, which looks good for real-time monitoring but I don't
> think they apply for what I'm trying to do.

the output of something like tcpdump -n -e -ttt -v -i pflog0 gives you
quite a bit of data to play with if you want to do your own parsing,
but

> I'd like to generate a sorted list of top bandwidth hogs and their IP
> addresses.

for that purpose, the more promising path is probably to use labels
with the $srcaddr macro in them, and collect your statistics at
regular intervals for processing.

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.datadok.no/ http://www.nuug.no/