On 2007/11/15 17:02, Jonathan Thornburg wrote:
> (b) The firewall's dhcpd is configured to tell clients that the
>     firewall itself is a DNS server.

I find ISP DNS servers to give enough trouble that I always do this,
even if it means not benefitting from their cache.

>  The firewall also runs a DNS proxy (eg /usr/ports/net/totd or
> /usr/ports/www/squid,transparent).

Squid isn't a DNS proxy (though if you only want web browser
access for clients, they don't strictly speaking need DNS, they
could just proxy all their requests through a normal <not
transparent> squid).

totd is a special DNS proxy for ipv6-only clients behind a nat-pt
gateway.

I'd just use the built-in named - to use it as a resolver for local
subnets you don't need to configure it, just enable it in rc.conf.local