Otto Moerbeek wrote:
On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 11:43:38AM +0100, frantisek holop wrote:

i have upgraded to 4.2 and because i am frequently without net access
i see the following: at startup time ntpd just hangs indefinitely
and must be terminated.

Are you sure this did not happen before?

I'm quite certain that this issue has indeed existed for a while now, though I cannot say since when exactly.

Has beaten me a few times, for example when using a local nameserver in dhclient.conf ("supersede domain-name-server 127.0.0.1"), but forgetting to enable named in rc.conf.local...

For now, I'm using rdate (for the big leap) + ntpd.

/Alexander