On Nov 18, 2007 8:04 AM, Theo de Raadt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Oh, one does that by calling bind() beforehands, with the specific
> local address one which uses use, instead of 0.0.0.0.  With udp this

Thanks Theo for your hint. I look into this in the context of hoststated.

What still puzzles me is that my multi-homed server sends out UDP
packets on interface fxp2=10.1.1.31 with source IP address of another
interface, e.g. fxp3=10.2.2.31.  Therefore, I'll take a look at
bind(2) and sendto(2) now, maybe this helps to solve my confusion
(poured too much Kirsch into the cheese fondue last night ;-).

By the way, googling with "Set source address for UDP packets from
multihomed server" brought up some interesting discussions in other
contexts, such as OpenVPN, bind or ntpd.