As far as I can tell, currently in ipsec.conf there is no way to use AES
with KEY_LENGHT=256. Is anybody working on adding this? Otherwise I might
try it when the time permits.

I'm thinking that isakmpd should first learn about a new default transform,
let's say AES256 - then adding that into ipsecctl/ipsec.conf should be
pretty much trivial.

The other route is not to add this new default transform to isakmpd, but to
have ipsecctl generate a config with a non-default transform - this does not
touch isakmpd at all, but is less than trivial in ipsecctl.

Thoughts, anyone?

Mitja