hmm, on Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 09:58:20AM +0000, Jason McIntyre said that
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 10:00:13PM +0100, frantisek holop wrote:
> > >
> > > if you mount a cd9660 filesystem w/ -R (no rockridge extensions) you get
> > > norrip in the output. i don;t think you can specify this as a mount
> > > option though, so i'm not sure where we'd document this.
> >
> > well, there might be a NOTE(S) section in mount_cd9660...
> >

> well we don;t have (officially) NOTES sections. it would have to be
> CAVEATS or BUGS, neither of which are suitable.

there are sub-headings in some man pages (e.g. ksh(1)), perhaps
that could be doable, somewhere lower in DESCRIPTION, e.g.

   A fitting subtitle
        Certain filesystems acquire flags based on their type and
        content which are not always controlled by flags passed to their
        respective mount command and so on, and so on.

        mount_cd9660
                norrip          No Rockridge extension

        mount_XXX
                flag            description

or as Otto suggested, have it in the respective mount_XXX page.

> > the disc in question is a dvd...  so it's udf and udf is
> > "considered to be a replacement of ISO 9660, and today is widely
> > used for (re)writable optical media."
> >
> > so if cd9660 != udf and one is the replacement of the other,
> > i was wondering if mount_cd9660 might be overhauled a bit
> > to reflect this situation...
> >

> do you want to overhaul the functionality of mount_cd9660? in what way?

what i meant was to have a mount_udf which of course already exists.
which is strange because i have never used it before...  hm.

-f
--
2 wrongs don't make a right - but 3 lefts do!