Hello list.
I am running 4.2/i386 on my company's Dell Latitude D510 laptop.
I started with a fresh 4.2 install, all hardware got recognized, everything
went just great... until a couple of days ago.

I'm experiencing an annoying problem with startx.
Since a few days each time I log in (via console, no fancy graphic login yet)
and launch "startx" the console freezes with no error messages, and X server
doesn't start.
Tampering around I found out that startx get unblocked (and X server +
windowmaker and everything) starts correctly as soon as I kill -9 the xauth
process.
A simple kill (-15) proves useless.

I'm sure I did "something" to the system because after installation and
configuration (via xorgconfig) it worked correctly, but honestly I can't
remember *what* I did right before having this problem.
Can anyone out there point me to the right direction?

Any hint or suggestion appreciated!
Thank you all,
bye
Manuel

--
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human.
At best he is a tolerable sub-human who has learned to wear

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs