Thanks,

Not sure if this mail is showing in correct thread - lost your mail att google server.

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 10:15:29PM +0000, Craig Skinner wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 10:33:04PM +0100, Bengt Frost wrote:
> >
> > Someone out there have any suggestions how use Postfix (and Dovecot)
> > with PostgreSQL?
>
> Pull the user data from PostgreSQL and generate the files:
> /etc/sasldb2.db (copy to /var/spool/postfix/etc && postfix reload)
> /etc/cram-md5.pwd
>
> e.g: have a cron driven perl script check for changes to the user tables
> in the last 15 mins & if so, then generate new files. Stops PostgreSQL
> becoming a bottleneck when under high load (a spam attack).

Ok. Not quite sure I'm following you. You mean pull user data from PostgreSQL and generate flat(db) user file for smtp-auth using p5-Authen-SASL-2.10p0 ...

> As your site grows, you can punt the flat files out across your mail
> farm from your central db/admin box, use rdist or something similar.

Then pull out 'other' Postfix data maps via (f.ex) Perl script across my 'mail farm'.
Not sure yet how to do it - but I figure it out.

How about - using OpenLDAP?
Thanks

--bfrost