Chris Cappuccio ??????:
i've got a pair of h8ssl-i boards that work fine at 133mhz.  i have
another set that i run at 66mhz, but only because that's the max the raid
controller supports (some kind of LSI card.  i like the areca better though)

bge shows up as:

bge0 at pci2 dev 3 function 0 "Broadcom BCM5704C" rev 0x10, BCM5704 B0
(0x2100): irq 5, address 00:30:48:56:68:d4
brgphy0 at bge0 phy 1: BCM5704 10/100/1000baseT PHY, rev. 0
bge1 at pci2 dev 3 function 1 "Broadcom BCM5704C" rev 0x10, BCM5704 B0
(0x2100): irq 9, address 00:30:48:56:68:d5
brgphy1 at bge1 phy 1: BCM5704 10/100/1000baseT PHY, rev. 0
In fact, the H8-SSL-I2 docs say the jumper is for the PCI-X slot, not for the PCI-X bus, so I guess the onboard BCM704C is unaffected of its settings. Anyways, if it is, or is not, it surely IS working fine, except for the input errors Stuart pointed he had, which i could confirm. I've not seen any problems with traffic flowing through them, though, but Stuart have had. Also, nobody claims the PCI-X is not workable on 133 MHz bus, what it seems like is there's a compatibility issues between recent Intel em(4)s and the ServerWorks HT-1000 (or this Supermicro board). In my opinion, it's too bad that hardware of exactly this two brands, which are none-the-less big names in the server market, are unable to play together nicely at 133 MHz. It's a shame!

Regards,
Doichin