On 12/3/2007 at 7:06 PM Henning Brauer wrote:

|* MikeM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-12-03 14:53]:

|> |
|> |As per your request I have added the "-P" switch to pfctl to
display
|> |numeric port numbers instead of service names for those who desire
the
|> |same.
|> |
|> |Please find attached the diff.
|> |
|> |I have modified the man page as well.
|> |
|> |Now, if you desire numeric ports display you have to use the -P
option
|> |in addition to other options. Everything else works as before.
|>  =============
|> Wow, thank-you!  :)
|
|I don't think this is a worthwile addition tho.
 =============

It's obviously not my choice, I'm just much more comfortable with using
port numbers instead of protocol names.   netbios-dgm means little to
me but 138 does, and correlates with what I see displayed should I
follow the instructions in the pf manual
(http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/logging.html#logfile):

   To view the log file:
   # tcpdump -n -e -ttt -r /var/log/pflog

Though for consistency with other commands that have an option to
toggle between symbols and numbers (e.g., -n for netstat or tcpdump) it
may be helpful as well.  That's the main reason why I originally though
I was overlooking a simple option flag, I couldn't believe this ability
wasn't already present.  ;)

But as I mentioned, it's not my decision.  I'll just hack the source
code to get what I need.