Greetings...

We are trying to use a couple routers with carp and uplinks with 2
different providers. One router as master and another one slave. The
slave getting all the routes from the master using IBGP.

The problem is that when I bring to interface of the master down to test
if the failover works, the slave deletes all the routes it got from the
master.

Is there any way of retaining those IBGP routes for sometime after the
tcp connection is severed, or until the slave server (now master) can
connect to the external peers and the get routes from them?

Or... if anybody has any other hint for a more resilient setup, I'd be
glad to hear.

Thanks a bunch,
g.