For one thing, I think you're quite confused. Unless I'm missing something,
I'm not noticing the FreeBSD, NetBSD, Linux kernel developers "signing"
their code, or doing anything particularly differently from the OpenBSD
developers. Please explain.

You've also conveniently ignored bofh's question. Why do you see this as
being an issue? What risks does PKI mitigate? Did you just vaguely read
somewhere in an advertisement about the supposed security benefits?