NetOne - Doichin Dokov wrote:

> In fact, we use also a bit more complicated BGP setup. Don't know if it
> would be in any help for you

Doichin, your practical, "hands-on" examples are "true gold" for me, really.
Again, thank you very much for your help.

My router/firewalls, after your "tuning recommendations" works flawlessly,
I'm very pleased.
Your load-balancing option is very interesting, and I'll investigate it
further next week.

As in any gateway solution traffic shaping / rate limiting is very important
as you pointed out, I was wondering if it can be setup in OpenBSD something
like "ATM functional paradigm", where, after giving a global PCR for a dot1q
trunk (ex. 40 Mbit/s), you can give to various VLANs PCRs & MCRs (ex. VLAN 1
with 20Mbit/s PCR, 10Mbit/s MCR, and VLAN 2 with 40Mbit/s PCR, 30Mbit/s
MCR).

I tried hard to figure out a way to do this from the official documentation
& by hard-Googling (for hours), but without any success.

Cheap rate-limiting in that way can be done, in a "mad but cheap way", with
a pair of old Cat 2924M with a ATM 155 and a Gigabit Ethernet module
(switch, modules & a GBIC are under $90 on ebay), "crossed in ATM", so you
connect the dot1q trunk in one switch, do the shaping at the LANE level,
then "extract" shaped services on the other switch (as a trunk on GE, on on
single ports), but.. of course.. it's really a dirty "spaghetti"-style
solution.

Have you any advice on making shaping on a OpenBSD router/firewall in a
"ATM-style"?