On 11.12-16:11, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2007/12/11 16:13, Markus Bergkvist wrote:
> > I borrowed a HUAWEI modem just to see how it is recognized.
> > With umass enabled it is recognized as a CD. Disabling umass and it is
> > found as ugen.
> > From this thread http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=118468178731619&w=2 I
> > figured it should have been recognized as ubsa. Any suggestions?
>
> I was wrong with ubsa, it looks like it should actually be umsm,
> but the device needs poking with a USB command before it switches
> off the umass-based Windows driver CD, and turns on the other
> interfaces (the AT-compatible modem-like interface, and the
> control interface).
>
> I'm not aware of it being supported yet.

with my version of this device it *appears* to timeout to the modem
interface if it is inserted during boot.  i won't go into the reasons
as to why i believe that, suffice to say they're thin in evidence
but it'd suggest you try forcing a rescan of the device after a
couple of minutes (assuming the umass interface hasn't been tickled,
activating it).