Lars NoodC)n wrote:

>> Argh, the GPL is so ridiculously complex; nobody understands it.
>>

> Many do, though.  For me it's rather straight forward, as is the BSD
> license.  There are many ways to look at the positive goals of the GPL,
> but they're not relevant here, since OpenBSD is already set on the BSD
> license.

    The principles represented by the GPL are fairly simple.
    The complexity arise because the GPL  strives to acheive those
principles  in a legally enforceable manner.

    The BSD/ISC License aspires to acheive less, and presumes that a
clear statement of principles, is the equivalent
    of legally enforceable.

    Yet despite its clarity and simplicity, It is still atleast as
misrepresented and misunderstood as the GPL.

Dave Lynch                                                  DLA Systems
Software Development:                                    Embedded Linux
717.627.3770           [EMAIL PROTECTED]          http://www.dlasys.net
fax: 1.253.369.9244                                Cell: 1.717.587.7774
Over 25 years' experience in platforms, languages, and technologies too
numerous to list.

Albert Einstein