Hello,

having spent most of the evening to understand why
my kernel build suddenly aborted compilation with
a pointer to a missing call "rt_mpath_next", I found
that the "option SMALL_KERNEL" clashes with
"pseudo-device pf 1", and that this was the sole
cause for my failure. My original reason for this
experiment was to produce a small kernel for a
router system.

Now I am curious, are there any available documentation
as to what features the compilation option SMALL_KERNEL
definitely prevents? I did not succeed so far in
locating such a text. Of course, the man-page mentions
that installer systems are the targets for SMALL_KERNEL,
but for my edification I would like more particular
information. As regards to "pf" I did an analysis of
the source code in sys/net to find the complete explanation
in this particular case, and the culprit is "radix_mpath.h".
But preventing general surprises?

I am greatful for all hints you can offer

M E Andersson