Otto Moerbeek wrote:
I did not follow the complete thread, but I like to mention one thing:
there might be half open connections involved here.
A client might do a half close (i.e. shutdown(SHUT_WR)) after sending
a request. This will make the connection a half-duplex one.  iirc, after the
shutdown, the server moves to CLOSE_WAIT, but will still be able to
send data to the client, until it decides that it is done and closes
down the connection.

Thanks for your feedback Otto!

I keep reading this and may be my English is not getting it fully. For my own knowledge and understanding, when you say half open and haft close. In both cases they needed and have done the full three step handshake or may be skip some of it?

In other word they can or can't reach the CLOSE_WAIT without doing the full complete and proper three step handshake?

I would appreciate to understand that for myself as I thought it was clear, but I guess I still have a gap unfill. (;>

Best,

Daniel