On Sunday 16 December 2007 17.45.05 you wrote:
> On Sunday 16 December 2007 17:13:49 Per-Olov SjC6holm wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have today updated (well tried) two OpenBSD -STABLE systems. One
> > 4.0 and one 4.1.
> >
> > First the kernel update and a reboot... No problem....
> > Then a "make obj && make build" of the userland. This gave me the
> > following error after a while...
>
> http://openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html#BldBinary
>
> The FAQ says that if you want to upgrade a -stable system to the
> newest -stable, you should first do a binary upgrade to the latest
> release, and then build -stable from there. I guess it will get rid of
> such errors.
>
> Firas
>
> --
> ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
> /\  www.asciiribbon.org   - against proprietary attachments
>
> GnuPG public key: http://itsuki.fkraiem.org/gpgkey

Ehhhh, You did probably answer a question posted by someone else ;-)

I have 4.0 -stable and want to update to 4.0 -stable (i.e patch the system).
This is standard procedure...... I do it as it was a couple of months ago..
you know like.....
cd /usr
rm -rf src
export CVSROOT="[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs"
cvs -z5 -q get -rOPENBSD_4_0 -P src
cd /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf
config GENERIC
cd ../compile/GENERIC
make clean && make depend && make
mv /bsd /bsd.old
cp bsd /
reboot
cd /usr/src
rm -r /usr/obj/*
make obj && make build
reboot

bla bla bla bla

This means from stable to the latest stable. The same applies to the 4.1
upgrade which is 4.1 stable to 4.1 stable. I do it the CVS way as some stable
patches are not on the errata page. And I script this update, so it cost me
zero time. Well.... not zero time when I see problems. But as said this is
the first time I see problems....

I have done this hundreds of times without any trouble. And I am of course
*NOT* trying to upgrade between major releases.

This must be a problem with the cvs code checked out. But I do not know what
the problem is. Therfore I posted to the list.

/Per-Olov
--
GPG keyID: 4DB283CE
GPG fingerprint: 45E8 3D0E DE05 B714 D549 45BC CFB4 BBE9 4DB2 83CE