On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 02:17:46PM -0600, Gregg Reynolds wrote:
> For GPL-licensed software I recommend the term "covenant(ed)
> software".  So-called "free software", as rms uses the term, is
> totally dependent on the GPL, which leverages the State's monopoly on
> violence to compel   modifiers of the software to offer their mods to
> the public.

Free Software as Richard Stallman uses the term is BSD.

The GPL is merely a "covenant" license which closes the (mathmatical
definition alike) ring of Free Software so all operations don't create a
derivate outside that definition.

Operations that use Free Software and result in non-Free Software
(outside the ring) are undesireable on his (and others like me) point of
view, which is why he created the GPL, to close the ring.

So you should re-evaluate your assumptions, for the consequence of such
rationalization over false presumptions creates unnecessary divisions in
the community.

Best,
Rui

--
Or not.
Today is Sweetmorn, the 59th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3173
+ So let's do it...?