Hi,

I wanted to run ooRexx under FreeBSD emulation. I downloaded
freebsd_lib then I moved ooRexx files to /emul/freebsd/usr/local/...
subdirectories.

I've also read man compat_freebsd. At point 3 there is a following
excerpt:

sbin/ldconfig
usr/bin/ldd
usr/lib/libc.so.x.y.z
usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1
usr/libexec/ld.so

But the "ldd" program cannot be found within /emul/freebsd/... tree.

Rexx program /emul/freebsd/user/local/bin/rexx spits "Abort trace"
only and I do no know if it is a result of the program bug, lost
dependencies or the lack of the ldd. MAN says also something unsettling:

The FreeBSD version of the ld-config program should be rerun each time
a new shared library is added.

Common system shared libraries or application specific shared
libraries as well? Perhaps it should be emphasized in bold text and at
the same time is of some importance to my problem. Not having the ldd
(and proper knowledge) I don't know what to do next.

I've tried to find ldd on FreeBSD repo. No way. Should I look for it in
the (g)lib(c)x libraries? I poked into glib_2.14.2 but without results.

I do not want to turn to Linux emulation. I prefer FreeBSD. It is
closer to OpenBSD (I think) as it demands shared libraries only, not
the whole system as in the case of RedHat Linux and it has equally
robust binary repository as Debian.

Regards,
PrzemysEaw PaweEczyk

--
PrzemysEaw PaweEczyk (P2O2) - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW: http://pp.kv.net.pl/ Forum: http://www.p2o2.fora.pl/