On 26/12/2007, at 7:54 AM, Daniel wrote:

Hi!

I'm having this problem:

# pfctl -sr |fgrep ftp
[...]
pass out on rl0 inet proto tcp from <ip> to <__automatic_39c048b4_0>
port = ftp flags S/SA keep state

What is that automatic stuff? I wish to see the corresponding (below)
rules' entries in pfctl's output.

The corresponding rules in the pf.conf would be:
pass out on $ext_if inet proto tcp from $ip to anga.funkfeuer.at port
ftp pass out on [...] to ftp.openldap.org port ftp
pass out on [...] to ftp.postgresql.org port ftp
pass out on [...] to ftp.pureftpd.org port ftp
etc...

Daniel

I *think* this is because pf has made an automatic table of your inefficient (?) single line rules.

So it has grouped together your ftp.postgresql.org and ftp.pureftp.org lines into one rule with an automatic table.

Try making your own table and using that in a single line.

Just guessing on my part - seen the same behaviour - but hasn't given me a big enough itch to scratch so just carried on my merry way.