On Dec 27 06:17:37, new_guy wrote:
> I would like to install OpenBSD *once* and keep it patched and secured
> for many years there after (5 - 7 years) in a production environment.

That's what upgrades are for.

> Would it be feasible to get a snapshot today and follow -current for
> many years w/o having to reinstall? Basically, this approach would
> skip -stable and > -release and always be -current.

You would just use the snaphots. Is that "reinstalling" for you?

> I understand the implications of being current and that things might
> change and break and may need re-configuring on occasion.

So why do you want to use it in production?

> I'm OK with that... I just don't want to reinstall a -release
> every year...

That's about one hour of work twice a year - what's wrong with that? Why
do you want to stay -current? What problem are you trying to solve, or
what are you trying to achieve by doing that?

        Jan