Hello guys,

I set up OpenBSD as DSL router using the kernel pppoe.
Because my DSL connection is faster then 10 MBit I'm using the kernel
pppoe to use the bandwith.

I've noticed that pf fails to do the routing/nat in such scenarios:

1. OpenBSD Router boots
-> It takes some seconds until pppoe0 gets a IP from the ISP!
-> pf gets enabled during boot, pppoe0 has no IP yet, NAT wont work

2. OpenBSD is already booted
-> I used pfctl -f /etc/pf.conf after pppoe0 got an IP and everything works
-> then the bad ISP does a 24h disconnect (~23.59 and 58 secs)
-> then NAT breaks again (because pppoe0 got a new ip and the old
   one is still used by pf?!)

Those problems don't appear if I use tun0 (but userland pppoe is far to
slow for this DSL link).

Is there any solution for this problem (for now a cronjob just reloads the
pf every 23:50 after enforcing ifconfig pppoe0 down && ifconfig pppoe0 up
&&  wait 5 secs to ensure it got a IP).

How do other people (you) solved this without using the userland
implementation? :-/

Kind regards,
Sebastian