On Jan 5, 2008 11:25 AM, Richard Stallman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>     http://directory.fsf.org/project/Windows32API/
>     http://directory.fsf.org/project/wxwindows/
>     http://wxwindows.org/about/credits.htm
>
>     see the acknowledgment from one of the softwares endorsed by FSF your
>     favourite organization.
>

> ==========================================================================================================
>     Thank you to Microsoft for donating a copy of Visual C++ 6.0 to help
>     wxWidgets compile on this version of the compiler (for a Virginia Tech
>     course).
>
> We do not refuse to list a program merely because it mentions
> a non-free platforms on which it runs.  I've explained that already.

Developing a program ( real software ) for a non-free platform is big
encouragement by loud communication ( actions speak better than words
) to use or continue using that non-free platform.
( Which is exactly what gcc and emacs does by the way )
 And you endorse such software that promotes other non-free platforms
through your FSF website.

But you cannot stand when a Project which has done more than any other
project to :

1) Stand for freedom
2) Take enormous steps to improve quality and security of software
given out freely.
2) Stand against blobs even when Linux and FreeBSD people wimped out.
3) Worked ( some times with the support of their community ) to get
numerous closed hardware documentation freely available for developers
so that they can write free software and maintain it.
4) Taken the pains to reverse engineer and write free drivers for new
hardware support.

has a few free URLs in its ports system which they DONOT recommend as
the primary way to install software but warns the user if they try to
compile non-free software?

And you even go to the extend of spreading a lie that this Operating
system "CONTAINS" free software?

There is some thing terribly wrong with your logic.
That is why I asked to take a "Bipolar Disorder" test in the beginning.

By the way ( Perhaps, I don't know which ) some of the free drivers
that Gnuisance has were made possible only through the efforts of the
OpenBSD project freeing up documentation from the vendors. And even in
those efforts the Linux people had worked against them encouraging
vendors to give out blobs and to keep documentation closed. Have you
investigated about them at any point?

I know this Demon+wget system will not allow you to do much research.
So Switch back to some thing sane.
Do some good reading.
Prepare before an Interview.
Unless you deliberately want to start spreading lies and ruin the
reputation of projects who are sincerely standing and  fighting for
freedom consistent to what they say!!!

> I don't like the warm and positive attitude towards Microsoft
> expressed by that thank-you.  If wxwindows were a GNU package I would
> ask the developers to change that.
>
> But wxwindows is not a GNU package, and I doubt I have veryx much
> credit with its developers.  I'd rather not use it on this.

Please remove it ( and all similar software ) from the FSF website
because it encourages people to use non-free platforms ( which is
worse ) with a wrong feeling that they are actually encouraging use of
free software by using those . Be consistent. I know its hard but try
it :-)

And publicly apologize that you made a mistake by telling that OpenBSD
"CONTAINS" non-free software because their platform is free the
packages they recommend are free. And if at all somebody uses the
ports system they are warned while installing non-free software unlike
your FSF website where you give the wrong impression to people and
justify your hippocricy.