On Jan 5, 2008 8:19 PM, Sunnz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2008/1/6, Richard Stallman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >     > Thank you for telling me about this problem.  I will talk with them
> >     > about this ASAP.  I expect they will probably remove those.
> >
> >     And ReactOS is next?
> >
> > Does ReactOS recommend non-free software?
> > If so. please show me what it says, and the URL.
> > I do not have a lot of influence with them, but I could
> > at least remove the link to ReactOS if it comes to that.
>
> I don't think OpenBSD users understand what you mean by "recommend
> non-free software", so if you could, please, give an example by
> showing where OpenBSD (web-site?) says that it recommend non-free
> software and the URL.

Pardon me for intervening:

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq13.html#javaflash tells the user how to
get these things into a clean OpenBSD system.
I am sure that it doesn't include the words: "Zomg! you have to use it
and we highly recommend it" but _every_ OpenBSD user is encouraged to
read the FAQ and as a consequence ends up reading these sessions.
Maybe they should come with the kind of dubious warning signs we get
on cigarette packs: Use of non-free software is highly harmful to your
computer and ethics.

On a more serious note: everybody who criticizes the other of non-free
software must come clean first: No clean, no talk.

--
Karthik
http://guilt.bafsoft.net