On Jan 5, 2008, at 7:48 PM, Ted Unangst wrote:

On 1/5/08, Douglas A. Tutty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is there anything that, bug-wise, could go wrong with that remote
browser that would be able to read or alter anything on the local
machine? I'm talking about using ssh's X forwarding features, not using
X's native forwarding.

a lot more can go wrong than can go right.  in theory, yes, you are
insulated from the client acting up.  in practice, the isolation is
often too complete.  i have never had an app actually work via an ssh
-X connection.

Haven't used it in ages, but I've yet to have one not work. "Back in the day" I used to forward my Netscape session over it to keep my browsing private from my then boss' bad habits of sniffing. It wouldn't stop someone from watching the Xsession, but it would keep them off of my browser itself.

But, pretty much everything worked, outside of audio.