On Jan 6, 2008, at 2:46 AM, Richard Stallman wrote:

Absolutely.  FSF staff checked the BSD versions and told me what
found.  I do not redo their work after they do it; I trust that they
did it well.

Their report about OpenBSD was accurate.

Except, sir, at some point, someone made a mistake. And this mistake has blown up in to this thread with this ongoing argument. Their report was either not as accurate as you seem to think, or you're very badly expressing the contents of the report (which has not been made available to the OpenBSD community).

Yes, the port system allows easy installation of "non-free" and "non- opensource" software. It does so no less easily than Debians Apt, Redhat's RPM, and other package repositories built for any Linux based distribution that distributes on the Internet.

Packages ARE free for distribution, or they wouldn't be available on the FTP site, the CDROM, or distributed at all. If they are not, they're no included. Period.

Someone on your staff is a lazy little punk and permitted their own bias to be reflected in your words. In the end, what you said is still what's on record.