On Jan 6, 2008, at 8:18 PM, Richard Stallman wrote:
By publishing it, and telling only me--not anyone who could fix
it--you made sure a day would go by when others know about the problem
but our sysadmins did not.  It would have been better practice to tell
our sysadmins privately first, and give them a couple of days to do
something before educating the public.

I hope that you have not arranged in effect to cause our web site
to be attacked.

Most likely, attacks are automated and already have scanned and compromised the systems vulnerable. In this case, prevention is a matter of using good cgi coding practices.