On Jan 7, 2008 9:48 AM, Richard Stallman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>     > I don't carry a mobile phone, but I don't see anything wrong in
>     > borrowing one from someone to make a call.
>
>     So if it is a new model of cell phone and if the owner teaches you how
>     to use it and make life easy for you will that be
>
>     1) Wrong on his part to encourage you to using a device you don't use?
>     2) Wrong on your part to take his advice and help to use it?
>
> Yes, that is my view of things.  Using the phone could be convenient
> for me.  (I think it would be convenient for me.)  But it also
> perpetuates serious problems (totalitarian surveillance, as well as
> proprietary software).  These problems continue because people
> tolerate them.  To solve them, we have to stop tolerating them.

So you call yourself a Freedom Zealot and whenever is is connvinent to
use the very things you recommend against. And condemn others if they
do the same or much even less.

No wonder you are called a hypocrite often in this issue ( and others )

>     But some where ( just like you use take help from the mobile phone
>     owner to use it ) in the ports system are instructions to install a
>     non-free software which is not mandatory for users to use.
>
> The cases are similar, and my view on the two cases is similar.

So what did you do when you used a mobile phone for the first time/
You must have got instructions from somebody or some body must have
dialed for you or you must have got the information from a manual some
body has prepared for you right?

of course unless you have asp or some paranormal phenomenon for knowing things.

Your logic is perfectly this.

You are a prejudiced individual with a lot of ambition and aspirations.
And you would do anything you want when it is convenient but would
condemn other who does the same or even less and preach at he top of
your voice against the very things you practice and mislead a whole
lot of people who just like you don't research enough to know the
facts.
And you will twist your own words to justify your violations of your
own standards.
Addition, Deletion, and Distortion of your own standards/policies,
which you impose on others to follow, when you yourself break it
because it is not practical is your main Job.