On Jan 8, 2008 4:27 PM, Jussi Peltola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 01:31:49PM -0500, Kevin Stam wrote:
> > I just noticed unworkable in ports. It uses mmap(). Does anybody
> encounter
> > problems with it? If not, then it must be rtorrent's problem, not
> mmap().
> Oh, please... Do you really think two different programs will ever use
> mmap() in exactly the same way, with the state of the whole OS being
> completely equal?
>
> --
> Jussi Peltola

Of course not, it was an incorrect statement, apologies. I was biased in the
statement by all the feedback concerning the bugginess of rtorrent, but it
might very well be caused by mmap bugs. That, and I would presume mmap() is
used at least somewhat in a similar fashion in both torrenting programs.
Examining the differences between the code should lead to the bugs, be they
in rtorrent or OpenBSD.