--- Alexander Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Juan Miscaro wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using OpenBSD 4.2 as my WAP with a ral adapter.  My wireless
> > client is running Kubuntu.
> >
> > The server is running dnsmasq (DHCP/DNScaching) and everything
> works.
> >
> > However, after a while the connection breaks completely and the
> only
> > thing that rectifies the situation is a reboot on the serverside.
> >
> > I thought this instability may be a simplex/duplex issue.  Here is
> the
> > ifconfig ouput for ral0:
> >
> > ral0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
> >         lladdr 00:18:f8:28:b9:f4
> >         groups: wlan
> >         media: IEEE802.11 autoselect mode 11g hostap
> >         status: active
> >         ieee80211: nwid WIFILAN chan 11 bssid 00:18:f8:28:b9:f4
> 100dBm
> >         inet6 fe80::218:f8ff:fe28:b9f4%ral0 prefixlen 64 scopeid
> 0x1
> >         inet 192.168.1.1 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.1.255
> >
> > Can someone please advise on troubleshooting methods?
>
> I have had similar issues with a ral device. If I recall correctly,
>
>    $ sudo ifconfig down
>    $ sudo ifconfig up

Thanks for the response.

I assume you mean

$ sudo ifconfig ral0 down
$ sudo ifconfig ral0 up

Anyway, I'm pretty pissed because my research led me to conclude that
the ral device was well supported.  I paid top dollar for the thing.

/juan

      Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to
Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers.yahoo.com