On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 05:33:58PM +0100, Dirk Mast wrote:
> Hello,
>
> my dmesg is filled with this message
> cksum: out of data
> and i can't find out from where it is (has something to do with
> the internet connection going up and down).
>
> It's a Alix 2c3 Board running as a DSL-Router
> and what I suspect might be the issue is serving
> a sixxs.net IPv6 tunnel (via aiccu).
>
> /var/log/messages contain this message everytime the
> internet connection goes down
>
> /bsd: cksum: out of data
>
> Is this message something to ignore, or to investigate further?

i had these appear on machine about june/july of last year, which was
running -current. i discussed it with some developers, but no one ever
got to the bottom of it.

then they stopped. i don;t know why, but presumably after installing a
newer snapshot.

then this week they came back, two or three times, again on a box
running -current (as of jan 9th). i haven;t seen them in a few days (nor
have i upgraded the box).

sorry i can;t be of more help. oh, i run a sixxs tunnel too ;)

jmc