Johan Fredin wrote:
Yep, two boxes with one cable each to the switch. Both with a bunch of vlans and carp interfaces on top of that.

This is from one of the machines:
<snip>

Hey, thanks a lot, I got it working, but it isn't stable - in fact, I really only had one successful fail-over... When I `shutdown -h -p now` my MASTER, a session I had running through the firewall continued working (yeah!) [PS: this with carp on vlans on trunk as described yesterday]. But when I powered-up my MASTER box, not only did the session I have running thru the firewall hang, but I also couldn't run new sessions through the firewall until I reset the switch (a Dell PowerConnect 5224). I'm guessing that this is an issue with the switch, but I haven't been able to find it yet... (any ideas?)

Question: when rebooting the MASTER, does it reclaim being the MASTER *after* pfsync has a chance to synchronize the state tables? If not, then what do people do to bring the MASTERs back online? - temporarily configuration the MASTER's advskew settings so that its higher than the BACKUPs and hence will *not* become the MASTER right away? Does it make sense to have both systems always set advskew to "128" on boot and then always plan to lower the advskew for the MASTER?

Thanks,
Kent