On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 08:41:42PM +0100, Stefan Krah wrote:
> Imre Oolberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I am thinking of setting up for myself a noiseless workstation ie
> > without moving parts or at least with minimal amount of them. The
> > intension is to make it an X-terminal booting from local network,
> > preferable root-over-nfs thru pxe since i am most familiar with it
> > compared to flash memory disks etc.
>
> Have a look at:
>
> http://www.silentpcreview.com/
>
> If you don't live in a very quiet area, you might be able to get below
> ambient noise with a good Seasonic power supply and one of the top
> CPU coolers. Matrox G550 and some Nvidia Quadro cards are fanless.

I've also been looking at case cooling methods such as:
http://atechfabrication.com/HTPC_cases.htm

Solid, thick case with fins, and heatpipes to thermally connect CPU/GPU
to the case. Anybody use anything like this before?

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/