On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 05:26:59AM -0600, Tony Abernethy wrote:
> elpinguim wrote:
> > >
> > > No. This just adds another way for things to go wrong. KISS. :-)
> >
> > Really, what things?  Script it, set cron to call it, done.  Simple.
> >
> What happens when such as http://www.cymru.com/Documents/bogon-list.html
> gets moved to bogon space?
> How do you access information from an address that you insist cannot exist?
> How doe you script things when the format changes?
>
> At any rate, why bother spoofing from a bogon address?
> It has to be easy to find unused IP addresses in legitimate address blocks.

Assuming that one is relying on a poorly maintained (or abandoned)
bogons list.  Then, yes I would agree there would be a problem.

But if the bogons list is actively reflecting the changes of ip
allocation on a daily basis (ie. whois databases from ARIN, RIPE, APNIC)
as well as the system thats using it.  Would there still be a problem?  Not
likely.

--
i am jack's annoying signature.