On Feb 5, 2008 6:27 PM, Glenn Mulvaney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm running a linux binary via compat_linux(8) built from
> ports/emulators/fedora in 4.2-stable.  Emulated binaries can't create or
> read files > 2GB regardless of limits or login class.  Does anyone have
> advice on how to remove this limit?

Can that Linux binary create and read files larger than 2GB on a
*Linux* system?  If it doesn't use 64bit capable syscalls, then
there's nothing the BSD compat layer can do about it.  As a
counter-example, a quick check shows that a 'cat' binary from RHEL AS
4 has no problems with a file over 4GB in size, but strace/ktrace show
that it uses the Linux fstat64() call, etc.

(Hmm, do the compat_linux versions of the 32bit-only syscalls return
EOVERFLOW like the Linux ones would on files >2GB?  I don't _see_ code
to check that...)

Philip Guenther