Hi all,

Does anyone know how I can go about monitoring bandwidth usage based on
ports (or service) and maybe client as well?
I have checked and tried both pfstat and symon and they're both great at
what they do, but not fully what I'm looking to do.

As for Cacti, I will be trying to get working this weekend in the chroot as
there's no port yet, unfortunately, but I don't think it will quite do what
I'm seeking either.

In other words, what I'm looking to do is mainly to monitor and graph the
average (baseline) bandwidth usage for a few systems and to know what ports
are mostly used (ftp, http, https, ssh, etc.) and how much bandwidth they
consume or need, on average.

By doing this, I can also better adjust my ALTQ rules accordingly.

TIA.