--On February 16, 2008 9:18:07 PM +0000 Stuart Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

| On 2008/02/16 14:20, Richard Daemon wrote:
| > He did get me on the right track, but tracking the required Perl Modules and
| > each subsequent Dependencies for nfsen is a lengthy process... Unless
| > there's a better way than manually downloading each one and their subsequent
| > dependencies...?
|
| It's just mail/p5-Mail-Tools and the Perl RRD libraries (p5-RRD in
| -current, I don't remember for sure what it was in 4.2, I think it was
| just in the main rrdtool package).
|
| I have an untested port for nfdump*, I looked at nfsen but don't have
| time to break down the installer (it's a "do everything" script which
| handles checking dependencies, installing the scripts, generating the
| empty RRDs from your config, making tea, upgrading from old versions,
| etc) - all very nice for source users but a bit annoying to package
| when it's done this way.

You may contact me off list, so we can discuss, how to make it more package
friendlier.

| * it's for -current and is here if you're interested:
| http://spacehopper.org/openbsd/nfdump.tgz

Nice! - many thanks. However, nfdump can be used standalone, without NfSen and
many users do so. I that case nfprofile is not requested to build, and the rrd
hassle can be omitted.
Adding flavors might be best.

   - Peter

--