On Feb 18, 2008 8:47 PM, Dustin Lundquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> To balance your inbound you can prepend your AS number to your
> advertisements to depreference them. Some larger ISPs do this on a per
> prefix basis, but since a sizable portion of ISPs are running Cisco gear
> with a 256K prefix limit it is not advisable to create additional
> prefixes for the purposes of traffic balancing.
>
> For outbound, its easier you can use local preference. For reference
> here is the Cisco BGP path selection process, OpenBGPD is similar:
> http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/459/25.shtml
>

> Dustin Lundquist

Right, I could define the preffered outbound traffic to a certain AS
with localpref. However, I could not balance it, and did not find how
I am supposed to.

For example, I have a certain traffic outgoing to AS 4230, it was
going via AS17379, and with localpref I could make it go via 18881.

However, I need to balance it in the adequated ratio, say, make 40% of
outgoing traffic to 4230 go via 1881 while 60% goes out via 17379.

If you could point me to what to read, or suggest anything, thats what
I need, some words from the experienced ones.

--
Eduardo Meyer