Jon wrote:
Here at work we're using an old version of Gordano Messaging Suite which only supports POP3, running on Redhat. The only way to get POP3s (if we can) is to upgrade to a newer version but we want to migrate to OpenBSD eventually. What tool(s) (that will work best with OpenBSD when we move over) would be ideal to run on the same machine to translate pop3 and pop3s or fetch the mail from Gordano then offer it via pop3s?

You should be able to use stunnel.
Stunnel listens as 'pop3s' and forwards the connection to pop3.

I'm pretty sure there is a stunnel package and the sample config file even has an entry for pop3.

You can even use it the other way too, a pop3 client connecting to a local stunnel instance that then connects to a pop3s server.

Kind regards,
Stefan