Steve B wrote:
My employer has given me some free colo space and I thought I would take
advantage of it to do remote system logging. Those of you here who are doing
it, could you comment on whether you are using Syslog-NG or something else,
and whether you are doing it over SSH or IPSEC? I have looked at various
articles around the net but would like some first hand comments.

Steve
OpenBSD 4.2 -release, i386.

I think this is what you need:
eh
# man syslogd

    -u      Select the historical ``insecure'' mode, in which syslogd will
            accept input from the UDP port.  Some software wants this, but
            you can be subjected to a variety of attacks over the network,
            including attackers remotely filling logs.