On Friday, February 22, 2008 at 05:48:14 -0300, Antonio Lobato wrote:
>   Hi all!
>
>   I read http://openbsd.org/security.html (and stable.html), but could
>not make
>sure about my question.
>
>   If today I download old versions (say /pub/OpenBSD/4.0/i386/cd40.iso) of
>openbsd, does it already includes the fixes listed in
>http://openbsd.org/security.html#40 (or #41)? If no, is there available
>the same
>cd40.iso but including these fixes or must I to apply the patches on
>original
>system?
>
>   If there is some doc explaining it with more details, please give me
>the pointers.

There's more on this on
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html#Flavors
To summarize: what's on the CD's and FTP-servers is -release, it is
not updated.  The patches for -stable are only distributed as source
code.
There are no official builds of the -stable tree.

About a year ago I started to create regular builds of the -stable
trees (the two supported trees).  You can use them, if you trust me ;-)
You can find links to some mirrors on http://www.z74.net/openbsd.html

Maurice