On Feb 23, 2008, at 1:26 PM, Chris wrote:

I have upgraded my 4.2-release to 4.3-beta. But I am a bit confused as
I cannot see snmpd.conf, relayd in /etc. However, I can see them in
/usr/src/etc/. When I login it says, 4.3-beta and uname -amp shows 4.3

I've been using mergemaster(8) to follow /etc. It works well.

One thing to remember is that /etc is not touched during a direct upgrade. Either manually update and add users, config files and devices, or go about it with a script akin to mergemaster(8).