On Feb 23, 2008, at 2:54 PM, Mark Zimmerman wrote:
I just installed the latest amd64 snapshot and wanted to test some
packages. Firefox will not install due to a chain of dependencies
stretching back to glitz which requires libGL.6. The snapshot I
installed this morning has libGL.7. Since the snapshots/packages/amd64
directory is over two weeks old, I hope that I can get back to this as
soon as it gets rebuilt. Or is package testing not normally done
outside of i386?

It's more likely the building of snapshot packages wasn't a high priority for amd64 recently.